Monday, September 16, 2013

Minimalist Dates


Wearing:
Crop Top and Bracelet [Thrifted], Slit Skirt [Mom's] (Vintage)
Silver Watch (Nine west)
Clutch (Charming Charlie's)
Black Pumps (Steve Madden)

Mom's closet is such a sacred place for me personally. All the jewelry, suits, gowns, lipstick, perfumes, I was familiar with it all as the tomboy I was growing up. I've never believed I could truly fit into my mother's shoes (literally) but I (literally) have actually out grown her...my foot size and height several numbers larger! Physically I have grown so much taller than my mother, but I still feel mentally I have lots to endure before I reach her level of maturity. (I want to grow up faster! xD) Physically I've reached the point to when I can finally wear her vintage clothes, but mum will always be the more responsible adult in my eyes. 

So recently, me and mom looked through the closet and pulled out this all black vintage skirt suit from the 90's that she'd worn at a wedding, and I took the slit skirt and my thrifted crop top and made a 1995 worthy date look for my date night. Truly a gem hidden in the closet. Who ever knew the slit skirt would come back 20 years later? Thank you mom of 1995! A great investment. ;D

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful outlook and I love you're hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. minimalism <3 You look so well dressed !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair as well. This dress is fab....

    www.polkalightflow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are such a brave soul and did that color with your hair. I love the outfit and your personality in your about me. I'm gonna follow your blog & hopefully you will follow back! If not it's okay, but I am a new blogger and would any advice I could get! Thanks for sharing :)


    Raven Rosie
    www.ravenrosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on a whim when I was in high school in the senior year, I wanted to change! Thanks for the follow! I followed you back. ;D

      Delete
  5. you look beautiful! I am inviting for observation!

    xoxo.

    www.LaMagdalene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. total babe! love the whole outfit, that skirt is such a gem.

    x
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete